Astronic is built to shake up the conservative watch industry by offering an exclusive tourbillon that has the look and feel of a billion-dollar Stealth air fighter with all the features and quality of a luxury watch — and priced within the reach of the masses.
June 29, 2021, The team at Astronic launches its brand-new collection of watches created for those who truly appreciate engineering feats. Equipped with high-end mechanisms, including an in-house designed tourbillon, multilayered 3D engraving skeleton dial, power reserve of up to 80 hours and military-grade 316L steel case, this new set of Astronic wristwatches makes the power of $111 million-dollar priced aircraft accessible for the general public.
The flagship of the line is The Astronic Nighthawk Tourbillon.
Two different historical events inspired our team to create The First Stealth Tourbillon in the world – first in 1975 when French-Swiss watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet defied gravity with the Tourbillon and another one In 1983 when the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk Fighter defied radar in the skies with stealth technology.
Now, both come together in Astronic Nighthawk — The First Stealth Tourbillon watch in the world.
What makes Astronic Nighthawk Tourbillon stand out in the industry of luxury watches?
- The Anti-gravity Engine – The watch comes with an in-house exclusively designed 3D co-axial tourbillon mechanism with 21,600-vph frequency to increase time recording accuracy by eliminating the negative effects of gravity. The tourbillon has a 42-hour power reserve displayed by a 240° power-reserve gauge.
- Iconic design – We design our tourbillon dial based on the F-117 Nighthawk’s dashboard, exhaust system, and the iconic wings of this gravity-defying aircraft. The high-end multilayer 3-dimensional engraving dial with the exclusive design of the Half Skeleton Flying Co-Axial Tourbillon brings the entire timepiece together.
- Military Grade Protection –
- With a 10 ATM water resistance rating and a sapphire crystal lens (the second strongest material on the earth), you can take Astronic with you anywhere.
- Easily interchangeable straps – Available with leather and stainless steel strap options, Astronic Stealth Tourbillon gives you options to choose from.
Astronic also offers skeletonized models without tourbillons — The Astronic Apache Skeleton.
In The Apache, dials draw their inspiration from the exteriors of the Apache 64 helicopter. In the words of the company’s founder,
“Just like the Apache-64’s BulletProof T700 Turboshaft, our Apache Skeleton utilizes a powerful 28,880vph movement for high accuracy.”
That engine is an automatic movement, which is made visible through a large skeleton dial. Its baseplate is CNC-machined and beautifully finished. The movement features an extra-large mainspring, holding up to an exceptional 80 hours of power reserve, nearly double that of most automatic movement.
The Apache’s hollow, curved skeleton dial is designed to highlight all the valuable moving parts of the timepiece. It’s Tritec Swiss Luminour hands offer the best night vision, and its Flexi-glass second plate simulates the design of the helicopters’ side rotors.
The rest of the characteristics including the straps and durability are identical to The Nighthawk.