The INTERSTELLAR RED3.721 aims to immortalize the Mars Perseverance mission through high-quality watchmaking.
Mars Perseverance Mission 2020 marks a milestone in Mars exploration as Los Angeles-based visionary watchmaker INTERSTELLAR has launched an exclusive collectible watch to commemorate NASA’s mission. The unique watch collection called RED3.721 is the first ever to contain encapsulated Martian meteorite particles.
The campaign initially aimed to raise around €20,000 in the last quarter of June 2022, but has already exceeded that target. No doubt, new commitments are always welcome.
The FIRST-of-its-kind, RED3,721 project has been approved and granted by NASA. The unique timepiece has been developed by INTERSTELLAR in collaboration with leading watchmaker Col&MacArthur.
The name of the collection contains two things – “Red”, which refers to the Red planet Mars- and “3,721”, which symbolizes the gravity of the planet as observed during the NASA expedition.
“We are thrilled to bring to you our exclusive collector timepiece, Interstellar RED3,721. Our unique timepiece has been developed in commemoration of NASA’s Mars Perseverance Mission which was launched in 2020. We champion humanity’s exceptional achievements in space travel and our upcoming RED3,721 is a token of gratitude toward such great strides made beyond the earth”, stated Sebastien Colen, the founder of INTERSTELLAR.
“We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to NASA for approving our project and also to Col&MacArthur for empowering us in this endeavor.”
The RED3,721 watch was created to celebrate the Mars Perseverance Mission in not one but several symbolic ways:
- Watch dial is designed as per the fascinating terrain patterns of the Red planet landscape
- Watch case contains encapsulated authentic Martian dust at 3HRS
- “7 minutes of terror” just below the 10:10 mark denotes the most tensed period during the Perseverance rover became motionless for 7 minutes just after touching the Mars surface
- The Rover’s Parachute on the back cover in memory of the parachute that brought the real footage from the mission on earth and the message of “DARE MIGHTY THINGS”
- The date “February 18, 2020” over the side of the watch dial signifies the historic date when the Perseverance spacecraft first landed on Mars
- The Jezero crater dimensions (18012’00” N- 77036’00” E) since it was the very crater where the Perseverance spacecraft landed when it reached Mars
- The name “Perseverance” on the watch
- Binary code on the dial
- NASA logo on the watch (with approval from NASA)
Remember, INTERSTELLAR has partnered with the Meteoritical Society (International Society for Meteorite and Planetary Sciences) to allow users to trace the origin, history and technical specifications of the meteorites they see on their RED3.721 wearing watch.
Main features of Interstellar RED3.721
Comes with 2 premium watch movements to choose from – Miyota and Sellita
Interchangeable leather and steel straps
Sapphire glass case
Available in 4 dial colors – black, silver, bronze and gold
The watch comes with a certificate of authenticity
Can be engraved individually
“Our truly one-of-a-kind RED3.721 watch will single-handedly take your watch collection to even greater heights. However, such a state-of-the-art project requires solid funding, hence the need for this Kickstarter campaign. Your generous support It will allow us to bring our exclusive watch collection to life and give you a great opportunity to commemorate the historic Perseverance mission to Mars.”